Birdbrain

Warped humor and twisted time along with birds

Name:
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Selling a House

Is a very traumatic thing.Specially when you don't really want to.It is a situation that more people are running into.In our case it is simply too big and requires more maintenance than I can give it.
Downsizing will be a major undertaking.After 22 years you collect a lot of stuff that is just not worth keeping.We never thought we would be leaving here.
A year and a half ago our barn blew down in a storm.someone complained about "unsightly premises" so the county had no recourse but to force a clean-up.I have been giving away the lumber from the barn but there is still a lot still here.Now we are in a situation where there is no choice but to sell the house in order to pay for the cleanup.The person who complained is anonymous--to us.I would really like to say THANKS A LOT.You have ruined our lives.This is not something the county wants to proceed with and they have been very good in giving us time to get it cleaned up.Unfortunately,neither my wife or myself are physically able to do the heavy labor required to do the job,and we can't afford to pay for someone to do the job.So we sell.
It will all work out in the end bet I have to say this is not the way I thought we would end up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Zareba said...

Nor I, my love. We will manage because we will face it together, no matter what. You are my strength, and I hope that I am yours.

...Z

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home