Birdbrain

Warped humor and twisted time along with birds

Name:
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Have You Ever

set you're computer on fire? I did! While doing a routine interior cleaning,I had to unplug my floppy drive and re- route the power cable. When I powered up the first time WOW clouds of really foul,thick clouds of smoke.It took a while to rewire but after a bit of soldering-here I am.
I think I got lucky this time.
Winterizing the house is on the agenda for the next little while,a necessary thing here.This is a 150 year old farmhouse that has very little insulation and older style storm windows,so blocking drafts is essential,particularly with the birds.We have found that they don't seem to mind cooler temps. but drafts are a real problem.Banking the house with bags of leaves(100 bags) covering the front porch with plastic and shrink to fit window covers make a huge difference.The birds all get warm cage covers,except Paco who refuses to be covered.I believe he thinks he'll miss something.
Take a look at this blog www. thetimewarp.blogspot.com/ I think you will really like it.It is a very enlightening and meaningful site.
O well back to keeping the house warm.

1 Comments:

Blogger Zareba said...

I can't think of anyone else that I would rather keep the house warm with. Hmmmm...is that anything like playing house?

...Z

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home