Birdbrain

Warped humor and twisted time along with birds

Name:
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Here I'm Is

I'm here,I really am. Things have been a bit upside down of late,but it does seem to be settling down.Tony the african grey got a new cage for Christmas and boy,does he love it.The single thing that changed the most is his attitude towards me.He has tolerated me at best in the past and now we are actually having a relationship!It is great to see him blossom from a scared,timid bird into a very happy,busy member of the flock.
As soon as possible Paco will have one just like Tony's. He seems to have always been in the same round cage and could use more room.
Today-Jan.20-Is more like late March!temp.in the low 50's,sunny and clear.This is the mildest winter I can remember since we moved to N.S.
Time to go watch the Barrett-Jackson classic car auction.This is a dream day for me,since I have owned so many of these types of cars(long before they were collector cars).If I knew then what I know now!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Zareba said...

Hindsight is always 20/20. I also wish I knew then what I know now, but it is perhaps not the best thing. Knowing could well have sent me down the shady streats, screaming all the way.

...Z

12:46 AM  
Blogger Zareba said...

The Way It Is

When I open my eyes in the morning,
I see your face in the dawn.
I remember my reasons for living
And Honey, I’m sure you are one.
I close my eyes in the darkness.
I feel your warmth by my side.
Of all, with which I’ve been blessed,
I’m most thankful for who I’m beside.
I stop work in the afternoon
To wonder about how you are.
Knowing you’ll be home soon
Makes me listen for your car.

Don't know if I ever shared this one with you. If not, here it is....Z

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home