Birdbrain

Warped humor and twisted time along with birds

Name:
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Alone?


Today,for the first time in a few years,I am alone in the house for the weekend.You would think I'd be happy,but oddly enough,I'm feeling rather sad.
It just seems empty
It is a good thing that my birds are here to talk to or I'd go nuts.
This is Paco,the goffin cockatoo.He is about 10 years old as near as I can tell.He came here as a series of odd coincidences about 3 years ago and has been an absolute lesson in what a bird can be like if given a chance.He is clever and a real escape artist.We have to use small padlocks on his cage because nothing else worked!
He is also the sweetest, most loving creature you could ever meet. BUT he will bite hard if he feels he is threatened,or if he is playing an gets to wound up.
I think with most birds it's not a matter of if you will get bitten,but rather how hard and where it is.
Time to feed the critters.

1 Comments:

Blogger Zareba said...

It is always nice to be missed. When I go away, I miss my DH as much as I think he misses me. It is hard not having him there to share the little things that life hands out.

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home