Birdbrain

Warped humor and twisted time along with birds

Name:
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Mr. Cheeseball


This is a pic. of my peach front conure Cheeseball.
He came with the name!
As far as i can tell he is appx. 35 years old and should have many good years left.
When he first came here he would fly across the room to attack me-viciously I might add.
It took almost 3 years of constant attention,many bags of treats,and at least a dozen boxes of band-aids to be able to interact with him.
Now he is my best bird friend!
Some how,when he finally decided to allow me into his life,something in me changed.I have gone from a quick tempered,no patience person to a much more accepting person-I hope.
I have a small flock of 6 parrots all of them rescues and all of them arriving with various types of problems.
Now after time,patience and love ,they seem like very different little creatures.
On a different note,typing is difficult today-I fell down and hurt my wrist yesterday!
just another stupid people trick.Another cold grey day so I'll go get warm.

1

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Papatoes,

You are so right about those gorgeous rescue birds. All they need is love, patience, love, understanding, love, quality time, love, good care, love, respect and love.

They can learn to trust again at their own pace with love and patience and they have so much love to give in return.

All they want is to love and to be loved :)

Li :)

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home